- For residents moving into newly constructed homes, contact the City for bin delivery.
- For residents moving into previously occupied homes, contact CWD at 972.392.9300 for bin delivery.
- For bin replacement, contact CWD at 972.392.9300. There is a charge for lost or stolen bins.
- Place your bin out by 7:00 am on your pickup day.
- Place all approved recyclables in your bin and all your paper items in a brown paper sack and set out on your curb or in your alleyway for pickup.
- Do NOT set out newspapers if it is raining.
Household Hazardous Waste & Used Electronics Door Side Collection
CWD’s Door Side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and electronics. Household Hazardous Waste & Used Electronics collection day is the third Thursday of each month. To schedule, please call no later than the first Thursday of the month.
Items accepted via the HHW & Used Electronics Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions.
How to Prepare for Your HHW & Used Electronics Collection
- Call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HHW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HHW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
Bags must be placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. Do NOT place HHW curbside. Please ensure your HHW is visible from the street.
- Do not overfill the bag.
- Only the bag provided to you may be used.
- Bag must be closed securely.
- Items outside the bag must be placed in a cardboard box.
- Do not drag the bag.
- Pack the bag where it will be placed for collection and place all electronics, auto batteries. and fluorescent tubes outside the bag.
- Wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Do not fill with pool chemicals as this can start a fire.
Door Side Collection & Recycling Schedule
Easily view the Farmersville HHW & Used Electronics Door Side Collection and Recycling Calendar for 2021 here. Download it or print it for later reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q Whom should I contact to get a bin at my home?
A For residents moving into newly constructed homes, please contact the City of Farmersville at 972.784.6093 for bin delivery. For residents moving into previously occupied homes, please contact CWD at 972.392.9300 for bin delivery.
Q Whom should I call to get an extra bin?
A Please call the City of Farmersville at 972.784.6093.