Residents, place all items at your front curb by 7 am for service to be completed by 8 pm.
Please position your trash cart with its handles toward the street.
A maximum of five (5) additional sealed trash bags will be collected if set beside the cart.
To avoid injury, 95-gallon carts should not contain more than 40 lbs. of materials. Trash bags set beside the cart should weigh no more than 40 lbs. each.
Place your 95-gallon recycle cart at your pickup location by 7:00 am with handles toward the street. All recyclables must be placed inside the 95-gallon recycle cart.
Roll out the cart when full (a 40 pound maximum). Collection day is the same day as your trash day.
If you have extra recyclables that do not fit inside the 95-gallon cart, place items in cardboard boxes, brown kraft bags or blue bags and place them next to your recycle cart.
Please separate recyclables and trash by 10 feet.
Bulk & Brush Collection
A maximum of four (4) cubic yards of bulk and brush items per week will be picked up.
Important! CWD does not provide pickup for commercial demolition, construction, nor remodeling debris. Household debris must be containerized to be eligible for pickup. The box or other disposable container must be no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
Bulk Items – Acceptable
- Loose Brush (Neatly Stacked)
- Kitchen Appliances
- Washing Machines and Dryers
- Yard Tools
- Bundled Carpet in 4-Foot Lengths
- Water Heaters
- Fence Panels (No Larger than 4′ x 6′)
- Bagged Leaves
- Refrigerators/Freezers (Must be Tagged Certifying Removal of Refrigerants)
Bulk Items – Prohibited
- Commercial Construction or Remodeling Debris. Call CWD for a pickup estimate.
- Household Hazardous Waste (paint, motor oil, pool chemicals, etc.)
- Tires, Batteries and Propane Tanks
- Dirt, Rocks, Sod, Mulch
- Loose Household Debris (Debris must be placed in a box or other disposable container no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weighing no more than 50 pounds.)
Additional Trash and Bulk Items
Additional items may be dropped off at the CWD Transfer Station, 2010 California Crossing Road, Dallas, TX 75220 the first Saturday of each month, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, excluding holidays. A copy of your current water bill is required. Fees will be assessed according to volume of material.
Trash service is on Wednesdays.
Recycle service is on Wednesdays.
Bulk & Brush service is on Wednesdays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q How do I get a special pickup for extra items or non-compliant items?
A Call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, to request an estimate for a special pickup. Estimates are always free.